Good To Know
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Fast healing process (up to 48hours).
- Highly recommended skin prep before a skin peel or DOCTOR BABOR Skinrolla treatment.
- Great for speedy skin rejuvenation before a special occasion.
- Recommended for tired skin in need of regeneration, poor circulation, smoker’s skin, atrophic skin, skin with a damaged barrier, skin with large pores or scarring (after an acne breakout has healed), wrinkles, loss of tone and elasticity, blemished skin, comedonal acne, acne tarda, superficial hyperpigmentation, excessive cornification, stretch marks and striae.
- Results can be seen from your first treatment however we recommend a course of 5 treatments for continuous skin cell rejuvenation with more noticeable results.
- Photos can be taken to plot the progress of your treatments.
What to expect post procedure
- Dry skin in some cases.
- Redness and minor bleeding into the tissue (generally subsides within 24 hours).
- Redness , depending on the characteristics of the skin.
- Temporary aggravation/itching of the skin.
Your skin needs 2 – 3 days in order to rebuild its natural lipid barrier and completely restore its natural protective function. You can expect to achieve the best possible results by avoiding additional causes of irritation during this time, such as:
- Extended sun exposure or use of solariums, tanning beds or self-tanners.
- Excessive sweating or use of saunas (allow at least 7 days).
- Further abrasive or chemical peels (allow at least 2-3 weeks).
- Removal of hair from treated area (allow at least 2-3 weeks).
- Visits to swimming pools, chlorinated water or sea water (allow at least 2-3 weeks).
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF above 15 at all times after and during a course of DOCTOR BABOR Diamond Dermabrasion for 2 – 3 weeks post procedure.
- Cold sores/herpes.
- Extensive teleangiectasia.
- Couperose/rosacea (treatment possible after consultation with a dermatologist).
- Cancer and tumors.
- Psoriasis plus the Köbner phenomenon.
- Acute atopic dermatitis (treatment during “symptom-free” periods depending on degree of severity).
- Localized warts, liver spots and birthmarks.
- Keloids (overgrown scars).
- Cortisone or glucocorticoid therapy.
- Anti-acne therapy, e.g. Roaccutane, during therapy and for 12 months afterwards (depending on the dosage and length of time taken).
- Abnormal, inflamed skin conditions and lesions on the skin caused by bacteria, mycoses or viruses.
- Active bacterial or viral infections.
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Unstable diabetes.
- Recent chemical peels or peeling treatments.
- Recent cosmetic surgery procedures.
- Recent subcutaneous injections.
- Marcumar therapy or treatment with other blood-thinning agents (anticoagulants) or long-term aspirin intake.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding.
Why DOCTOR BABOR Skinrolla® Micro Needling
- Minimally invasive.
- Short healing period (48hrs) so you can resume regular activities within a few days depending on the depth of penetration of the needles.
- Barely any visible evidence of the treatment by end of day 2.
- Skin rejuvenation may be seen as soon as 2 weeks, and as long as 6-8 months after your medical procedure.
- Natural collagen production takes place for up to or more than a year.
- No risk of permanent skin discolouration.
- Cost effective treatment alternative to Fraxel or resurfacing treatments.
- Can be done on areas of skin not suitable for peeling or laser resurfacing, such as near eyes.
- Can be performed in conjunction with other treatments like skin peels and on very thin skin.
- Suitable for use on the body including the delicate eye area.
- Lack of skin radiance.
- Lack of skin firmness and compactness.
- Rough and uneven skin textures including scars.
- Fine lines, wrinkles, folds and crow’s feet.
- Minimizes comedonal acne breakouts.
- Enhancing delivery and effectiveness of medical grade skincare creams.
- Reducing the size of dilated facial pores.
- Atrophic and hypertrophic scars, chicken pox scars, acne scars, post-surgery scars, injury scars and well healed scars.
- Stretch marks and cellulite.
- Isolated hyperpigmentation.
- Hypopigmentation marks (white spots).
What to expect post procedure
- Redness (erythema)
- Scratched skin appearance
- Sensitivity to touch and heat
- Mild to moderate swelling
- Stinging and itching
Risks of receiving DOCTOR BABOR Skinrolla® Micro Needling
- Small lymph discharge and swelling during the recovery phase on rare occasions.
- Potential risk of skin infection such as bacteria (rare) or herpes simplex virus (cold sores) when any type of needle device that draws blood is used.
- Petechiae (pinprick spots of bruising) or potential scarring if the treatment area is over aggressively needled.
- Milia, which can be easily removed.
- Acne flare, which is usually mild.
We advise that you check with your GP before booking a DOCTOR BABOR Skinrolla® Micro Needling is you have ever suffered from these conditions:
- Scleroderma, collagen vascular diseases or cardiac abnormalities.
- Rosacea and blood clotting problems (i.e. poor wound healing).
- Active bacterial, viral or fungal infection e.g. Herpes infections.
- Taking immunosuppressive medication.
- Emotional instability or mental illness.
- Scars less than 6 months old.
- Facial surgery less than 6 months old.
*Your initial booking involves a free 30 minute consultation for medical and skin analysis purposes. You will be presented with a DOCTOR BABOR Pre-treatment Priming Kit to be used at least 7 days prior to your treatment. Please ensure that all parts of your online consultation form are completed before arriving for your appointment. We advise that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment so your treatment time is not affected.
Skinrolla® Home Use kits are also available in 0.2mm and 0.3mm for mild skin rejuvenation at home and in between clinic treatments for £99.99. Replacement reusable heads are available for £44.99.
Your booking includes a free online consultation. Please ensure that all parts of your online consultation form are completed before arriving for your appointment. We advise that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment so your treatment time is not affected.
Please click FAQs and Advice to explore some useful DOCTOR BABOR facial aftercare advice. Collect loyalty rewards and receive concession discounts on any full priced treatment you purchase. Click Concessions and Loyalty Rewards to learn more about how you can save more on your treatment purchases with us.